Hello, other bloggers! Are you sick of writing content that doesn't make you any money? Don't feel bad, and you're not the only one. Most bloggers have trouble making money from their blogs, but it is possible to make money online if you know how. So, in this article, we'll show you the top 10 ways to make money online that have been proven to work. Are you ready to start making some money, y'all? Let's get to it!
1: Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is the best way to make money on the Internet. It's when you promote someone else's product and get a cut of sales through your unique referral link.
First, perform the following:
- Choose products that align with your niche and audience.
- Research and join affiliate programs that offer those products.
- Create content promoting the products (e.g., reviews, tutorials, comparisons).
- Insert your unique referral link in the content.
- Get people to click on the link and make a purchase.
Remember to always disclose on your blog that you're using affiliate links!
2: Sponsored Posts
As a blogger, you have a place where brands might want to advertise their goods or services. Here comes the role of sponsored posts. A brand pays you to make content that has something to do with their product or service.
Here's what you should do first:
- Find brands that align with your niche and audience.
- Pitch them your idea for a sponsored post.
- Create content that fits their brief and includes their product or service.
- Publish and promote the content on your blog and social media.
- Get paid for your work!
3: Display Ads
Display ads are those annoying things you see on websites that take up space and take your attention away from the content. What, though? You can make money with them.
- Sign up for a display advertising network for bloggers (e.g., Google AdSense, Media.net).
- Insert the ad code into your blog's HTML.
- Earn money every time someone clicks on the ads or views them.
Don't go crazy with the ads – too many can ruin the user experience and drive people away from your blog.
4: Sell Your Products
Why not make your product and sell it to your audience if you are an expert in your niche? It could be an eBook, a course, or a physical product.
The first step is as follows:
- Determine what your audience needs or wants.
- Create a product that solves their problem or fulfills their desire.
- Promote the product on your blog and social media.
- Get people to buy it!
Ensure the product is high-quality and provides value to your audience – otherwise, they won't want to buy from you again.
5: Offer Services
You could offer services that fit with your niche or area of expertise in the same way that you could sell your products. For example, if you're a graphic designer, you could offer design services to your audience.
In this way:
- Determine what services your audience needs or wants.
- Create a page on your blog that outlines your services and rates.
- Promote the services on your blog and social media.
- Get people to hire you!
Just be transparent about your availability and ability to deliver quality work.
If the people who love what you do want to help you financially, you could set up a donation system or a Patreon account.
- Set up a PayPal account for donations or a Patreon account for recurring support.
- Create content that encourages people to donate or become a patron.
- Offer exclusive perks or content to donors/patrons.
- Watch the cash roll in (hopefully)!
7: Freelance Writing
If you can write well, you could use your skills to make money in other ways besides your blog. Freelance writing involves writing articles, blog posts, and other pieces for other websites and publications.
First, do these things:
- Research websites and publications that are looking for freelance writers.
- Pitch your ideas for articles or blog posts.
- Get hired and start writing!
Just be sure you're not spreading yourself too thin – freelance writing can take up much time and energy.
If you are an expert in your niche, you could also think about coaching or consulting with people who want to learn what you know.
How? Read on!
- Determine what topics you can effectively coach or consult on.
- Create a page on your blog that outlines your coaching/consulting services and rates.
- Promote the services on your blog and social media.
- Get people to book you!
Just be sure you understand the topics you're coaching/consulting on and can effectively communicate your knowledge to others.
Webinars are a great way to help people and make money simultaneously. A webinar is a live online seminar on a certain subject.
First, begin by doing the following:
- Pick a topic that your audience would be interested in.
- Choose a webinar platform to host your webinar (e.g., Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- Promote your webinar on your blog and social media.
- Ask for a fee to attend or offer a product/service at the end for a fee.
- Host the webinar and offer tons of value to your attendees!
10: Memberships/Subscription-based content
Lastly, you could offer your audience memberships or content they can pay for. This could mean making a premium version of your blog that only members can see or giving subscribers access to content that isn't available anywhere else.
This is how:
- Research membership or subscription platforms that work for bloggers (e.g., Patreon, MemberPress).
- Create a plan for what content you'll offer to members or subscribers.
- Promote the membership/subscription on your blog and social media.
- Get people to sign up and start making money!
So, there you have it: the top 10 ways to make money online with your blog that have been tried and tested. Whether you want to use affiliate marketing or sell your products, there are many ways to start making money from your blog. Just remember always to give your audience something of value and to be honest about how you make money. Happy blogging, y'all!